by Omer Roucoux
First published in the Dunstable & District Local History
Page 1 | Next Page
The watercolour painting (below) is of the well known signalling station which was situated on Dunstable Downs not far from the present day car park, near the Ordnance Survey triangulation point. It was painted by George Shepherd in 1819, five years after the station was demolished, it was therefore done from memory and hearsay. The painting is now on public display in the Council Chamber at Grove House.
The Dunstable Downs signalling station water colour by George Shepherd. This forms part of a collection of local paintings in public display in the Council Chamber of Grove House in Dunstable.
Page last updated: 23rd January 2014