About Music in Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire Libraries
- How many items can I borrow?
- How much does it cost?
- Can I reserve a title?
- Can I borrow CDs from Luton Libraries?
- Can I see a list of all the CDs in stock?
- Are there any tips on the care of CDs?
- How does the law affect the loan of CDs?
- Do you still stock cassettes?
- Do you have songbooks, vocal scores and instrumental sheet music?
- You can loan up to 10 items for one week using your library ticket
- Don't forget the Freegal e-music service - download five tracks per week and stream music for three hours a day - FREE!
See fines and charges for the most up to date information.
No, Luton Libraries are no longer working with Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire.
Yes you can. Visit Arena, the online library catalogue and click on the Advanced search option. Select the Class number from the top drop down. Enter CD* into the search box and click Search. This will return a list of all the CDs in stock divided into their categories.
While CDs are in your possession treat them carefully:
- Handle them by the edges
- Use a CD cleaning cloth
- Keep them away from strong sunlight or electromagnetic fields
- Report any damage to staff on return
Due to music industry restrictions some top chart titles are not available to libraries until 3 months after the release date. The majority are now released to the library service at the same time that they are available in the shops and online.
You should be aware that it is an offence to make a copy of any recording even for private use without the written permission of the publisher
Music cassette stocks have now been phased out of branch libraries however a small collection is still available through Library Link services to housebound customers.
Yes, we offer a range of printed music. There is a selection of songbooks, from pop to standards, plus many which have matching CDs. The library also holds a selection of music for the most popular instruments ranging from tutors and popular music to standard works and examination texts.
Vocal scores are held for the majority of popular operas, musical shows and choral works. Multiple copies for use by musical societies can be obtained via Inter Library Loans on a 3 month loan.
Bedford Central Library holds a small collection of miniature orchestral study scores. Full scores and orchestral parts can usually be obtained via Inter Library loan.
See fines and charges for current reservation charges.
Page last updated: 22nd March 2016