15th Century: The church dates from this century but a decorated window in the south wall of the nave survives from an earlier church.
1600: Francis Dillingham was Rector of Wilden from 1600-1624/25 and a translator of the Authorised Version of the Bible.
1624: Thomas Peat gave land to endow a school.
1806: Baptist Church opened.
1811: Wilden Enclosure Act.
1836: The Chequers Public House licensed.
1837: Major church restoration at a cost of 260.
1847: The Victoria Public House licensed.
1852: The village school opened.
1902: The church was re-seated, re-roofed and re-floored at a cost of 550.
1999: New Village Hall costing 140,000 opened on Saturday January 30th (Bedfordshire Times 22nd January).
1999: Bedford Butterfly Park opened in May.
- Newspaper articles in The Local Studies Library at Bedford Central Library.
- Victoria County History of Bedfordshire 3 Vols. 1912.
- PICKFORD, Christopher Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century Vol.79 Bedfordshire Historical Record Society. 2000.
- RIDER, M. Wilden : a history of the parish of Wilden in the County of Bedfordshire. 1995.
Page last updated: 4th February 2014