1166: Simon de Beauchamp, the Norman baron of Bedford Castle, included Ravensden church among 14 churches with which he endowed the newly founded Newnham Priory. The original church was partially rebuilt in the late 12th century, apparently after a fire, and then enlarged by the extension of the chancel and addition of a north chapel in about 1300. The chancel was rebuilt in the 14th century and in the 15th century the west tower was added
c1786: About this time 'The Case is Opened' Public House licensed. The original building was a court house. When the courthouse closed the building became a workhouse before finally becoming a public house. (Bedfordshire Times, 26th June, 1986)
1843: The first licence granted for The White Lion Public House.
1853: Baptist Chapel built.
1867: National School built with accommodation for 80 children.
1934: Part of the parish of Goldington was added to Ravensden by the North Bedfordshire Review Order.
1953: Village Hall built.
1991: The Blacksmiths Arms enlarged and refurbished. (Bedfordshire Times, 27th October, 1991)
Page last updated: 12th March 2018