12th Century: The church is of Norman origin. The list of the incumbents begins in 1154. The original building was enlarged by the addition of a north aisle in about 1190 with the chancel being rebuilt in the 13th century and in the 14th century a chapel was added on the north side of the chancel.
1796: Pertenhall Enclosure Act.
1799: Pertenhall Rectory built.
1823: Moravian Chapel built.
1848: The east half of the chancel with the north chapel were built.
1870: Public Elementary School built on land given by John Martyn for 60 children
1877: Pertenhall Manor brought and restored by Edward Campion. During the restoration portions of no less than 23 human skeletons were found.
1879: Under a Local Government Board Order detached parts of Pertenhall were added to Bolnhurst, Little Staughton and Keysoe
1976: Moravian Chapel demolished.
1983: Church steeple repaired.
- The Newspaper Cuttings Collection in the Local Studies Library at Bedford Central Library
- Victoria County History of Bedfordshire 3 Vols. 1912.
- PICKFORD, C. Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century Part 2 Parishes H to R Bedfordshire Historical Record Society Vol. 77 1998.
Page last updated: 3rd February 2014