c1320: The church of St. Andrew dates from this period; the nave, aisles and tower all belong to a re-building begun about this date.
1817: Langford Bridge was first described after it was badly damaged in floods.
1838: The Lord Nelson Public House first licensed.
1850: The Old Vicarage built by the Rev. Henry Addington, soon after he became Vicar of Langford.
1856: The Red Cow Public House opened.
1861: Langford Methodist Church opened in October.
1873: The village school built.
1896: Methodist Church enlarged.
1920: War Memorial erected, the clock tower was added later.
1926: Alfred Larman started his haulage business.
1945: On the 12th April the tithe barn in Church Street went up in flames.
1946: Langford Bridge taken down.
1951: Langford playing field officially opened on the 18th August.
1965: Langford Drama Club formed. first production was the play 'Friendly Relations', performed in May of that year.
1967: The Langford Diary launched.
1975: Langford Village Hall officially opened on the 26th April, the cost of the building was 60,000.
1984: Langford Watermill closes, in its final years it produced seed grain for Dalgety Seeds.
1994: After major renovation The Lord Nelson Public House was renamed as Sir William Peel.
1998: Langford Drama Club folds due to lack of numbers, the last play is 'Travelling Light'
Page last updated: 30th January 2014