12th Century: The church has a 12th century nave and a fine Norman chancel arch, the building was enlarged in the 13th century by the addition of a south transept.
1615: West tower added to the church.
1637: The Rev. Arthur Alvery unfrocked and deprived of his living for allowing cock fighting in the church chancel.
1774: Henry James Pye, poet Laureate who owned Knotting Manor, sold the land to the Duke of Bedford.
1850c: Model cottages built by the Duke of Bedford.
1889: Methodist Chapel built.
1933: Major restoration on the church.
1934: Under the North Bedfordshire Review Order the civil parish of Knotting and Souldrop formed.
1956: Between 1956 and 1963 extensive repairs carried out to the tower and chancel.
- The newspapers cuttings collection at Bedford Central Library.
- PICKFORD, C. Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century. Beds Historical Record Soc. Vol.73 1994.
Page last updated: 30th January 2014