c.1180: The nave and chancel of the church date from this period.
1653: Farndish Manor House purchased by Samuel Collins of Irchester for 1,000. He rebuilt the house soon after this date.
1763: Birthplace of the artist George Arnold.
1800: Farndish Enclosure Act.
1846: Major restoration work on the church.
1884: Farndish becomes part of the civil parish of Podington.
1944: A United States Air Force B17F bomber crashed fully laden after take off into a field.
1970: The church declared redundant.
1974: The church given into the care of The Redundant Churches Fund.
The newspapers cuttings collection at Bedford Central Library.
PICKFORD, C. Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century. Beds Historical Record Soc. Vol.73 1994.
Page last updated: 28th January 2014