1086: The Domesday survey showed that Eversholt Manor belonged to Hugh de Beauchamp.
12th Century: Portions of 12th century work in the chancel arch and north arcade, most of the rest of the church is of the 15th century.
1835: The Green Man Public House was rebuilt after the original building was destroyed by fire.
1844: Village School opened.
1864: Major restoration work on Eversholt church by Sir George Gilbert Scott, who designed St. Pancras Station, at a cost of about 3,000.
1884: Outbreak of diphtheria in the village.
1910: On the 4th July the new swimming pool opened, donated by the Duke of Bedford.
1913: Corrugated iron and timber reading room given to the village by the Duke of Bedford.
1933: Further restoration work on the church undertaken.
1941: School from Walthamstow evacuated to the village.
1984: Village Hall gutted by fire in September.
1987: Brook End House received listed building status.
1989: New Village Hall opened on June 24th.
- Newspaper articles in The Local Studies Library at Bedford Central Library.
- Victoria County History of Bedfordshire 3 Vols. 1912.
Page last updated:28th January 2014