1200: Saint George's church was begun about this date with the chancel and isles added in the early 14th century.
1652: Agnes Beaumont, follower of Bunyan born in Edworth. At 19 Agnes became a devout follower of Bunyan and was usually to be found at his local meetings in spite of her father's disproval.
1770: A labourer was murdered, the entry in the parish register reads "Thomas Walker, a labouring stranger found murdered in the great road by persons unknown".
1875: Large scale restoration of the church undertaken.
1972: The church closes.
1974: St. Albans Diocese declares the village church redundant.
1976: Work on restoring the church begins with support from the Redundant Churches' Fund.
- The Newspaper Cuttings Collection in the Local Studies Library at Bedford Central Library.
Page last updated: 27th January 2014