1220: The earliest church of Saint Mary Magdalene dates from about this time when the first incumbent is listed, it was probably built of timber.
1330: The church re-built in stone.
1348: Two incumbents died from the Black Death in quick succession
1660: The church steeple collapses.
1797 : Dunton Enclosure Act passed.
1840: The March Hare Public House opened.
1861: The church partially rebuilt at a cost of 1,600. West tower by E. Browning.
1887: Five Bells were hung in commemoration of the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria.
1911: Church clock installed by public subscription to commemorate the coronation of King George V.
1921: Obelisk was erected in the graveyard in memory of those who died during the First World War.
1982: The sum of 36,000 required to pay for urgent repairs to the church.
2006: New children's play area opened in June. Villagers raised 5,000 to ensure they got a 45,000 Biffaward grant to fund the project.
- The Newspaper Cuttings Collection in the Local Studies Library at Bedford Central Library.
Page last updated: 27th January 2014