1086: Recorded in the Domesday Book as Colmeworde.
1430: Present church of Saint Denis dates from about this time.
1609: The Old Manor House pulled down by the Dyers who built another on the spot. In 1671they paid tax on 20 hearths.
1834: Colmworth Enclosure Act passed.
1855: Considerable restoration work of the church carried out by Wing & Jackson of Bedford. The work involved roof repairs, reseating the church and the erection of a platform at the west end of the nave for the organ.
1866: Gospel Mission Hall erected.
1870: Village school opened.
1906: The windmill pulled down and the four sails removed to Bolnhurst.
1930: The first eight council houses were built on the old cricket field.
1969: Village Hall built.
1984: The five bells of Colmworth church repaired.
1991: Colmworth Golf Club opened.
1996: The Village Hall completely refurbished at a cost of 105,000.
Page last updated: 23rd January 2014