Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made Activity Sheet
Chatterbooks in Lockdown
you enjoyed the book. But how well did you read it? See if you answer these questions:
Not read it yet? Listen to the audiobook on RBdigital now.
- What is the name of Timmy Failure’s detective agency?
- Who is Timmy’s unusual business partner?
- What does Timmy use as his “Failuremobile”?
- Where does Timmy make his office?
- What is the name of Timmy’s rival who also has a detective agency?
- Why does Max Hodges enlist Timmy’s help?
- What is the name of Molly Moskins’ cat and how does she show she likes you?
- What was the Weber case?
- Why is the librarian called “Flo”?
- How old is Timmy’s teacher, Old Man Crocus?
- What does Molly Moskins smell like?
- As well as having to close down the agency, what other punishment does Mum impose on Timmy after he gets zero in his History test for a second time?
Other exciting "Timmy Failure" activities you might like to try
Mixed Up Name
Can you unscramble these words to find the main characters' names?
Design an "Failuremobile" and Detective Disguise
Every professional detective needs a set of wheels. Timmy uses his Mum's Segway which she won in a raffle - until that goes missing!
What mode of transport could you design that would create the best impression of the Number 1 Detective Agency? Could you add any gadgets or accessories that would be useful in helping you solve cases? Remember a great detective may need to protect his/her identity while he/she is out solving cases, so your "Failuremobile" maybe shouldn't have the logo emblazoned on the side.
Timmy's attempts at going undercover (wearing a bed sheet) were not very successful.
Could you create a better disguise for Timmy that would shield his true identity from potential subjects?
Try at drawing your design for a new improved "Failuremobile" on a separate piece of paper. Label it with gadgets and accessories and draw Timmy in a disguise of your choosing standing beside it.
Fabulous First Sentences...
This book’s first sentence certainly grabbed my attention:
"It's harder to drive a polar bear into someone's living room than you'd think.”
The first sentence of a book is very important because it may determine whether or not the reader actually continues with the book. To write a good first sentence:
- Make it intriguing, not boring
- Make it short and snappy
- Be bold and creative – surprise the reader
- Make it funny
Have a go at writing a fabulous first sentence to a "Timmy Failure" like detective story? Could you make it funny and intriguing like the one quoted above?
...And Sensational Storytellling
Try writing a short detective story about a case that would fit into a "Timmy Failure" novel?
To help you plan your story, here are some details you might focus on:
- Scene of the crime
- Type of crime
- What is the name of Timmy Failure’s detective agency? TotalFailure.inc
- Who is Timmy’s unusual business partner? Total, the polar bear
- What does Timmy use as his “Failuremobile”? His mum’s Segway, which she won in a raffle
- Where does Timmy make his office? His mum’s closet (wardrobe)
- What is the name of Timmy’s rival who also has a detective agency? Corrina Corrina
- Why does Max Hodges enlist Timmy’s help? To find out how and why his hamster died
- What is the name of Molly Moskins’ cat and how does she show she likes you? Senor Burrito – she puts her paw in your tea
- What was the Weber case? The garden was T P’ed (toilet paper wrapped round trees)
- Why is the librarian called “Flo”? Stands for “Misshelve my books and blood may FLOw”
- How old is Timmy’s teacher, Old Man Crocus? 187 years old
- What does Molly Moskins smell like? Tangerines
- As well as having to close down the agency, what other punishment does Mum impose on Timmy after he gets zero in his History test for a second time? Sends Total to the zoo
Mixed Up Name Answers
- MTIMY - Timmy
- OLF - Flo
- INIPCSR - Crispin
- ARCNIRO - Corrina
- LYMOL - Molly
- OLOLR - Rollo
- LATTO - Total
- KESNJNI - Jenkins
- XAM - Max
Page last updated: 1st June 2020