Follow the links below to discover fabulous recommendations and be inspired.
Many of our lists are Pinterest boards - don't worry if you are not signed up to Pinterest, you can use your Facebook or Google account details to log in or set up an account in moments - all you need is an e-mail address and password.
Find out more by following the links below.
- Living with Disability - Here are some insights into the world of the disabled both in stories and in life.
- Quick Reads - Brilliant short books by best selling writers and celebrities (Pinterest)
- Graphic Novels - Our selection of the comics and graphic novels available in our libraries now, in the adult fiction section. (Pinterest)
- First World War Classics - Novels written during or in the aftermath of the First World War . (Pinterest)
- The First World War - Modern Fiction - These titles all have the First World War as a theme and have been published since 1990. (Pinterest)
- A Classic Introduction (Pinterest) - Introduce yourself to some of the greatest books ever written with this selection of classic novels
- Crime and Thrillers - Some great recent Crime and Thrillers in our libraries. (Pinterest)
- SF and Fantasy - Some of the best science-fiction and fantasy books around. (Pinterest)
- Historical Fiction - If you've enjoyed 'The White Queen' on television, why not try some or our great range of historical fiction? (Pinterest)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Trans-sexual Books - Just a small selection of books by LGBT authors in our collections. (Pinterest)
- Banned Books - Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Read? You decide! Should these books have been banned? (Pinterest)
- Characters Reinvented - Classic characters from fiction reinvented and reimagined. (Pinterest)
- Titles Inspired by Shakespeare - Why not try one of these titles to celebrate Shakespeare Week? Can you guess which play they were inspired by? (Pinterest)
- Shakespeare with a Modern Twist - Modern novels with a srpinkle of Shakespearean magic. (Pinterest)
- Jobs and Careers - Books to support job searching, writing CVs, preparing for interviews, and more. (Pinterest)
- Live Well, Feel Well - Books to help encourage health and well-being and to address common mental health conditions, for all ages (Pinterest)
- Mood Boosting Books - Uplifting and life-affirming fiction to boost your mood. (Pinterest)
- Green Finger Reading - Great gardening reads for the green fingered amongst us. (Pinterest)
- Bereavement - Books to help you deal with grief and loss
- Poetry Booklist - From old classics to contemporary poems
- On Your Bike - Books and resources to help you get out and about on your bike. (Pinterest)
- First World War - A selection of books about World War One, marking the centenary. (Pinterest)
- Making History - A selection of great recent history non-fiction from our stock. (Pinterest)
- Inspiring Science - Some great recent science books to get you inspired. (Pinterest)
- Cracking Cooking - A selection of great recent cookbooks from our stock, for inspiration and enjoyment. (Pinterest)
- Living with Disability - Some insights into the world of the disabled both in stories and in life
- Mental Health - Books to help you understand from Books on Prescription (Pinterest)
- Dementia - Books to explain and look at how to live with the illness, or someone suffering from dementia. Produced by Books on Prescription (Pinterest)
- Long Term Conditions - Books on how to to live with long term illnesses. Produced by Books on Prescription (Pinterest)
Page last updated: 15th May 2019