Want to volunteer in Bedford Borough Libraries?
Volunteers are people who commit time and energy for the benefit of others in the community and for themselves; who do so freely, through personal choice and without financial reward.
Bedford Borough Library service has a policy of encouraging the use of volunteers to complement the role of library staff. Volunteers provide additional help in a variety of ways so that the quality of the service to the customer is enhanced. They can also help us to engage more effectively with our local communities.
Bedford Borough Libraries are looking for volunteers in the defined roles listed below.
Please read through the profiles, complete the Bedford Borough Volunteer Application Form specifying which role you are interested in, and hand the application form in to any Bedford Borough Library for the attention of the Volunteer Co-ordinator or email it to email@example.com.
- Ancestry Support - 92kb PDF
- Down Memory Lane Co-ordinator - 138kb PDF - Not recruiting currently
- Digital Buddy - 264kb PDF
- Events Helper (Adult Events) - 92kb PDF
- Garden Waterer - 92kb PDF
- Library Link volunteer
- Library Shelver - 96kb PDF
- Library Stock Support - 124kb PDF
- Local Studies and Family History - Not recruiting currently
- Local Studies Stock - 127kb PDF
- Reading Hack (14 - 19 years old) - 402kb PDF
- Volunteer Gardener - 96kb PDF
The application form can be downloaded below:
Bedford Borough Volunteer Application Form (Word doc 80kb)
Are you aged 14 to 19 years old? Would you like to make a difference in your local community?
Why not volunteer at your local library?
There are fabulous opportunities in Bedford Borough Libraries.
Discover more and how to apply here or ask at your local library
For other information about other volunteer roles in the Bedfordshire, please contact the Community and Voluntary Service on 01234 354366 or go to www.yourcvs.org
Page last updated: 1st May 2018