Coronavirus Response from Bedford Borough Libraries
Following the announcement made by the government all Bedford Borough Libraries are now closed.
To help library customers over the coming weeks, we are extending the due dates on borrowed items, increasing loan limits so customers can have more items on loan, and will be pausing charges on any items that are already overdue.
What this means for you
- Loan periods for items issued Friday 20th March onwards have been extended from one or three weeks to twelve weeks
- Items already on loan will be extended by 12 weeks
- Items renewed online using Arena or the Bedfordshire Libraries app will be renewed until the week beyond the 12th June
- No charges will be added during the closure period
- Customer requests will be kept until the libraries re-open.
Now is a good time to discover our amazing range of online services giving you access to thousands of e-books, audiobooks, magazines and newspapers - all you need is your library card number and PIN. Don't have a PIN? Request one here!
- RB Digital - downloadable e-books, audiobooks and magazines all in one place
- PressReader - Thousands of national and international newspapers and magazines to be read online or downloaded
- Freegal - Millions of tracks to be streamed for up to 5 hours a day or download 5 tracks a day to keep
Not a member of the library service? Join online today!
If you have any questions then please Contact Us.
Page last updated: 31st March 2020