Arena App FAQs
- What does the app do?
- How do I download the app?
- All I can see is a white page with logos - what is happening?
- Where are my children's loans?
- How do I search for a title?
- How do I reserve a title?
- How do I download an e-book or e-audio?
- What about Microsoft, Blackbery and Kindle Fire?
What does the app do?The app is for Arena, our online library catalogue. It places the library in your pocket! You can:
- Search the catalogue for a title (or scan the ISBN barcode) to see if we have the book and where it is
- Request titles with just two clicks!
- Renew your loans
- Check and cancel your reservations
- Keep on top of your account
- Find library details and locate the library on a map, it will even give you directions to the library!
How do I download the app?
Follow this link, click on your app store logo, and download!
Or visit the Google Play Store and Apple app store, search for 'Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire Libraries' and install it today!
All I can see is a white page with logos - what is happening?
On initial loading the app buttons do take a few seconds to load. Once you have installed and opened the app this should not be a problem again, unless an update
has been made to the app and it has to pick up those changes as it loads.
Please be patient!
Where are my children's loans?
The app cannot currently present your children's loans when you log in. To see their loans, etc you will need to log out via the Settings/Log Out button and
then log in using your child's library card number and PIN.
You can request their PIN here is you do not know it already.
There are plans to make it easier to swap between different library cards in development so watch this space!
How do I search for a title?
- Click on the Search or Catalogue button on the app homepage.
- Type your search term in to the box, for example the title, the author or a keyword if you are not sure.
- Click the Go or Enter button on your device keypad
- The results will show all formats of stock - if you would like to only see books or e-books for example click on the Search - All Formats' button and click on the type of stock you are interested in, the search will run again.
- Click on the result you are interested in to see the full details of the book, where copies are held and to reserve
- To see if the title is on the shelf click on the library name you are interested in
How do I reserve a title?
Follow steps 1 - 5 in How do I search for a title?, then click on the 'Reserve' button. Select your pick-up library from the dropdown list and click 'Reserve'. The reservation will appear in 'My Account'.
How do I download an e-book or e-audio?
Follow steps 1 - 5 in How do I search for a title? and then click on the 'Access Now' link.
This will take you to the page for this title on the OneClick Digital website. To download you will need have a OneClick account. If you do just sign in, check out and download. If you do not have an account then click on the 'Register' link and create an account.
What about Microsoft, Blackbery and Kindle Fire?
An app for Microsoft and Kindle Fire devices is being developed at the moment. There is not and will not be an app for Blackberry devices.
Page last updated: 6th June 2016