What are county guides and directories?
- General county directories of Bedfordshire have now ceased but many were published from the mid-eighteenth century onwards
- The old county guides and directories often include details of local businesses, educational establishments, local clubs and societies and local officials
- They may also include maps, photographs, line drawings and advertisements
- Older guides and directories may include street directories listing names of people living in the area
- County guides are still published occasionally giving an overview of local business, leisure, services and villages and details of local government
- See also Town guides and directories
Page last updated: 16th July 2020