Newspapers, Magazines and Journals
As a library member you can access a range of e-resources by logging in with your library card number and PIN.
- PressReader - instant access to news in over 2,300 national and international newspapers and magazines, from 54 countries.
- RBdigital - A selection of downloadable e-magazines that can be downloaded for free or read online.
- Times Digital Archive - complete and fully searchable digital editions of The Times from 1785 - 2008
- Only a few individual newspaper sites allow you to see past articles free. One example is The Guardian, which has an 'Archive search' option on its drop-down menu at the top of the screen
- You can also read some newspapers, past and present and in other languages, online via their own websites.
- Many magazines and journals have their own web sites. There are also sites that enable you to search and view articles from a whole range of magazines and journals.
In the Library
- The British Newspaper Archive provided by the British Library is available in all our libraries. Search through millions of articles going back over 200 years in this ever growing collection
- You can browse academic articles on Journalism and Communications for free using the Access to Research service
- Libraries have a selection of magazines that can be borrowed for one week for more information about the lending magazine service click here
- Libraries also hold a range of newspapers and magazines which can be read in the library.
- To search for a specific title, check the online library catalogue or contact the library direct to find out what they offer.
- Bedford Central Library takes a number of magazines, and also newspapers, in foreign languages. For details, see the library's list of foreign language newspapers and magazines.
Page last updated: 7th August 2020