Might the person you are looking for have died?
- If the person you are looking for has died, you could check this by searching for the person's name in the deaths index. The deaths index entry shows the person's name, date of birth and the district in which the death was registered
- For more details of the deaths index and how to view it, see the Deaths Index pages in the Local and Family History section
- If you find the person's name in the death's index, you may want to order the death certificate to see further details so as to be sure that the index entry relates to the person you are seeking
- For more details of death certificates and how to order them, see the Death Certificates page
- Search the probate records for documents and wills online at GOV.UK
Page last updated: 28th May 2020