1086: Entry for Sewell in the Domesday Book.
13th-14th Century: Sewell Manor House built.
17th Century: Extension to the Manor House built.
1650c: Sewell Manor confiscated by Parliament and bought from them by Dame Joan Fenner who sold the manor to Henry Brandreth in 1658.
1678c: Quaker Meeting House built at Sewell.
1728: Meetings for worship were no longer on a regular basis at Sewell but the use of the burial ground continued for a number of years.
1835: The Quaker Meeting House was closed.
1895c: B.J. Forder's Sewell Lime works opened around this date
1912: B.J.Forder sold his lime works to British Portland Cement Manufacturers.
- Newspaper Cuttings Collection at Bedford Central Library
Page last updated: 4th February 2014