1541: Thomas Chernocke bought Hulcote Manor.
c.1590: The present church dates from the late 16th century although the list of incumbents goes back to 1221.
1750: The two parishes of Hulcote and Salford were united for ecclesiastical purposes.
19th Century: Hulcote Manor House demolished in the early 19th century, in 1671 the building was recorded as having 17 hearths.
1880c: The windmill dismantled.
1899c: The church was disused except for burials.
1910: The watermill ceased working, all the machinery was removed and the shell converted into a private house.
1930s: The church was closed until 1953 when it was re-opened after re-roofing and other repairs.
1933: The two civil parishes of Hulcote and Salford joined together to form the parish of Hulcote & Salford.
1971: Further repairs to the church took place.
- The newspapers cuttings collection at Bedford Central Library.
- PICKFORD, C. Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century. Beds Historical Record Soc. Vol.73 1994.
Page last updated: 29th January 2014