Chew's House School
Chew's House by Hugh Garrod
First published in the Dunstable & District Local History
Issue No. 23
Above the main entrance of the School are two lead statues of the Blue Boys, in the uniform of the pupils of the old charity school, and the plaque with the text:
"This school was erected and Endowed by MRS Frances Ashton, MRS Jane Cart and MR Thomas Aynscombe, Heirs and Law to WM Chew Esq. Anno. Dom. 1715"
The statues were stolen in 1998, they have been replaced by copies made by Ian Rank- Broadley in September 2000.
Photograph by Omer Roucoux, 1992
Page last updated: 23rd January 2014