17th Century: Chawston Manor House dates from this period although the moat round the house probably dates back to 1186.
1735:First reference to the Nags Head Public House.
1885:First reference to the Jolly Plough Boys Public House.
1917:The Nags Head Public House closes and is converted into a private house which is demolished at a later date.
1940c:The Jolly Plough Boys Public House closes and is converted into a private residence.
1960s:Chawston House demolished.
2007:On the 1st April Chawston ceased to be part of the civil parish of Roxton. Instead it became part of the newly formed civil parish made up from Roxton's three hamlets and called Wyboston, Chawston and Colesden.
- The newspapers cuttings collection at Bedford Central Library.
Page last updated: 23rd May 2008