Places > Bedford > Shops > Lingers Butchers
There has been a butchers shop at 1 St. Cuthbert’s Street, Bedford since at least 1884 with the Bedford directory for 1884 listing Joseph Whiteman & Son, butchers. In the directory of 1917 the name given is Joseph Linger, butcher and shop has retained that name ever since.
- The Newspaper Cuttings Collection, Local Studies Library, Bedford Central Library
Lingers Butchers by Bedfordshire Libraries, 2014
Page last updated: 3rd January 2018