Old Town Hall
The building was originally built as Bedford Grammar School and became the Town Hall in 1892. The older part left, with the statue of Sir William Harpur dates from 1767 and the rest was added in 1859-61.
The building became The Tourist Information centre c2005 until 2015. In the colour photograph the building behind the Tourist Information Centre is the Town Hall which was completed in 1962 and demolished in 2014 to make way for the Riverside Bedford development. The Old Town Hall is currently an approved venue for civil marriages and civil partnerships.
- The Newspaper Cuttings collection, Local Studies Library, Bedford Central Library.
Town Hall, Bedford by Bedfordshire Libraries, 2014
Page last updated: 3rd July 2020