The Shire Hall was built in 1879-1881, by Alfred Waterhouse for a cost of £20,000 with an extension to the left in 1910 by Charles Holden . The buildings are still in use as Magistrate’s Courts.
- The Newspaper Cuttings collection, Local Studies Library, Bedford Central Library.
Shire Hall, Bedford by Bedfordshire Libraries, 2014
Page last updated: 30th June 2020