Joining the Library
Children are welcome in all our libraries – you are never too young to join the library!
Make visiting the library part of your family activities and help your child to discover the joy and fun of reading. You can help your child achieve their potential by sharing lots of good quality books and encouraging reading.
Libraries have lots of great books for you to share with your child – it’s free to join the library and books/stories on CD are free to borrow. Children can also
have free reservations, so if there is a book that your child really wants to read they can request it free of charge but only on their own library card!
The library offers:
- Picture books for older readers including comic books and graphic novels for children
- Wide range of story books including books to support beginner readers, short chapter books and children’s novels
- Wide range of non-fiction books – information books to help with homework, books about hobbies and general interest
- Stories on CD
- Poetry and joke books
- Fab range of e-resources including e-books and e-audio for children
- Advice and support on what to read next.
How do I join the library?
How can my child join?
It’s the same process as joining yourself except you will need to sign as guarantor for what is borrowed. If you are a member your own library card can be used as proof of ID. So join your child at your local library or join online now.
Fun at the library
Look out for lots of free fun events and activities at your local library – everything from Lego Clubs to craft activities and the Summer Reading Challenge. Come along and join in the fun!
Page last updated: 24th February 2020