Libby Frequently Asked Audiobook Questions
- What happens on the 23rd March?
- What happens to my loans?
- Will my reservations be transferred?
- What about the titles in my wishlist, will they move to Libby?
- How do I access the new Libby service?
- I use a Kindle Fire tablet - there is no app, so what do I do?
- My technology is out of date so the Libby app will not download; what do I do?
- I have an e-reader; does Libby work on it?
- How do I see the e-books, audiobooks and magazines that I have on loan?
- How many e-books, audiobooks and magazines can I have on loan at one time?
- What do I do if I need help using the service?
RBdigital and Overdrive have merged so on the 23rd March the fabulous RBdigital content and more will be moved to the award winning Libby service instead.
In advance of this change you should have:
- Made a note of your holds (reservations) and wishlist titles
- Downloaded the Libby app ready for the change; available from your Apple and Android app store.
Please be aware that the transfer to Overdrive has been delayed slightly and will take a few hours to complete so the service will not be accessible until after 18:00 on the 23rd.
If you cannot find a title you believe should be there by the 24th then please Contact Us and we will investigate for you.
Your RBdigital loans will not be transferred to Libby. However, you will be able to read or listen to the books using the RBdigital app until all your loans have expired.
To borrow new books please download the Libby app or visit Libbyapp.com and log in with your library card number and PIN.
Your RBdigital reservations will not be transferred to Libby. You will need to download the Libby app or visit Libbyapp.com, log in with your library
card number and PIN and then search for the titles you want to request. We will be keeping an eye on the number of reservations on titles and adding extra copies to help satisfy the demand.
Please make a note of the reservations you have in RBdigital now so you can reset them on or after the 23rd. Alternatively you can download an Excel spreadsheet listing all your loans, reservations and wish list titles: click on My Account > Profile > Export my transaction history.
Your RBdigital wish list titles will not be transferred to Libby.
Please make a note of the wish list titles you have in RBdigital now so you can find them again.
You can download an Excel spreadsheet listing all your loans, reservations and wish list titles; click on My Account > Profile > Export my transaction history.
The best way to use the new service is to download the Libby App from the Android or Apple app store, then log in using your library card number and PIN.
If you are using a Kindle Fire tablet, laptop or PC you can use the web version of the app at Libbyapp.com.
Please follow the steps below to log in using the app or visit https://libbyapp.com:
- Do you have a library card? - tap Yes
- Tap I'll search for a library
- Enter the name of your local library
- Tap on the correct option that displays, be aware some results with the same/similar name will appear for the US
- Tap Enter Library Account Details
- Enter your 9 digit library card number
- Tap Next
- Enter your 4 digit PIN
- Tap Sign In
You can now search, borrow, reserve and read or listen to e-books, audiobooks and magazines.
Libby do not have an app for Kindle Fire tablets at the moment, however you can use all the services and get the same app experience by visiting Libbyapp.com using your web browser.
Unfortunately both Android and Apple dictate the versions of operating systems that apps must be compatible with. Sadly this means if you have older devices and cannot update the operating
system some apps will not load or update.
However, you can use all the services and get the same app experience by visiting Libbyapp.com using your web browser.
Yes, Libby works with Kobos, Nooks and other e-readers. Visit Libbyapp.com find the title you want and borrow it, then transfer titles using
Adobe Digital Editions from your Shelf to your e-reader.
Find out how to transfer e-books here.
How many e-books, audiobooks and magazines can I have on loan at one time?
You can borrow and download up to ten ebooks, ten audiobooks and ten magazines; they are loaned for up to three weeks.
These can be renewed before they expire if you wish, or if you have finished them before the three weeks are up why not return them early?
To see your current loans, how long they have left before they expire, etc. click on Shelf at the bottom of the screen.
There are lots of helpful guides and tutorial videos on the the Libby Help website, plus frequently asked questions within the app.
If you are stil encountering issues please Contact Us.
Page last updated: 23rd March 2021