Libby Frequently Asked Audiobook Questions
- RBdigital and Overdrive Libby
- How do I access the new Libby service?
- I use a Kindle Fire tablet - there is no app, so what do I do?
- My technology is out of date so the Libby app will not download; what do I do?
- I have an e-reader; does Libby work on it?
- How do I see the e-books, audiobooks and magazines that I have on loan?
- How many e-books, audiobooks and magazines can I have on loan at one time?
- What do I do if I need help using the service?
RBdigital and Overdrive merged on the 23rd March 2021 the fabulous RBdigital content and more moved to the award winning Libby service.
The best way to use the service is to download the Libby App from the Android or Apple app store, then log in using your library card number and PIN.
The Libby App is now available for newer models of the Kindle Fire tablet from the Amazon Appstore, download and then login using your library card number and PIN.
If you are using an older model of Kindle Fire tablet, a laptop or PC you can use the web version of the app at Libbyapp.com.
Please follow the steps below to log in using the app or visit https://libbyapp.com:
- Do you have a library card? - tap Yes
- Tap I'll search for a library
- Enter the name of your local library
- Tap on the correct option that displays, be aware some results with the same/similar name will appear for the US
- Tap Enter Library Account Details
- Enter your 9 digit library card number
- Tap Next
- Enter your 4 digit PIN
- Tap Sign In
You can now search, borrow, reserve and read or listen to e-books, audiobooks and magazines.
Libby App is now available from the Amazon Appstore for newer Kindle Fire tablets (from the year 2020 onwards and some earlier models)
check the compatability for your device here. Download and log in using your library card number and PIN.
If your device is not on the compatable list, you can use all the services and get the same app experience by visiting Libbyapp.com using your web browser.
Unfortunately Android, Apple and Amazon dictate the versions of operating systems that apps must be compatible with. Sadly this means if you have older devices and cannot update the operating
system some apps will not load or update.
However, you can use all the services and get the same app experience by visiting Libbyapp.com using your web browser.
Yes, Libby works with Kobos, Nooks and other e-readers that are compatable with Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Visit Libbyapp.com
find the title you want and borrow it, then transfer titles using
Adobe Digital Editions from your Shelf to your e-reader.
Find out how to transfer e-books here.
How many e-books, audiobooks and magazines can I have on loan at one time?
You can borrow and download up to ten ebooks, ten audiobooks and ten magazines; they are loaned for up to three weeks.
These can be renewed before they expire if you wish, or if you have finished them before the three weeks are up why not return them early?
To see your current loans, how long they have left before they expire, etc. click on Shelf at the bottom of the screen.
There are lots of helpful guides and tutorial videos on the the Libby Help website, plus frequently asked questions within the app.
If you are stil encountering issues please Contact Us.
Page last updated: 5th June 2023