Do you offer a service for people living in Residential Homes and Sheltered Accommodation?
Yes! Bedford Borough Library Link and Central Bedfordshire Libraries both offer services to residential homes and sheltered accommodation.
Bedford Borough Library Link Service
Bedford Borough offer tailored lounge collections, however please be aware that resources are limited and there may be a waiting list.
- Your residents can select their own books and spoken word items from the Library Link vehicle shelves.
- We can deliver a Lounge Collection - a selection of items to appeal to your residents that are exchanged on a regular basis.
- Individuals who are unable to use the vehicle or the Lounge can receive specially selected and tailored bundles of books and spoken word delivered to their door.
The stock is specially selected and includes large print books, spoken word, music, jigsaws, reminiscence materials, and community information.
All staff working on these vehicles are fully committed to taking the library service into the community. We are aware of the difficulties caused by visual or hearing impairment and know how to handle a wheelchair.
Central Bedfordshire Libraries
We can provide an organisational ticket to a nominated representative of a residential or sheltered home so that they can use their local library to choose up to twenty books for the residents of that residential or sheltered home.
These organisational tickets enable the nominated representative to borrow up to twenty books for a period of six weeks. They are subject to certain conditions, which are that:
- the ticket may only be used to borrow books (this excludes spoken word on CD)
- the nominated representative is responsible for all fines and fees that may be accrued if books are returned late or are lost or damaged
- any requests will be subject to request charges
Residents of residential homes and sheltered accommodation may be entitled to a Home Library Service in their own right. For more information, please see our Home Library Service page.
In order to apply for a ticket, please contact your local library, which will make the arrangements for you.
Page last updated: 23rd December 2015