Make a Difference...
Are you aged 14 to 19 years old?
Would you like to make a difference in your local community?
Why not volunteer at your local library?
There are four fabulous opportunities now available in Bedford Borough Libraries.
Discover more and how to apply below or download the leaflet:
Call for volunteers to help with the Summer Reading Challenge!
If you are aged between 14 and 19 we would love to hear from you.
Find out more about becoming and Summer Reading Challenge Volunteer here.
Come and share that love by helping to support our Lego Clubs.
Sign up to be a Lego Club helper on Saturday mornings from 11:00am to 12:00 noon
- Set up and pack away the Lego at the beginning and end of the session
- Talk to children about what they are making
- Set Lego Challenges for the children
Everything to do with books - from shelving to promotional displays.
Help us keep the children’s and teen areas looking great for 1 hour a week
- Shelving children’s and teen stock
- Tidying the shelves in children’s and teen sections
- Topping up displays and promotions
- Working with staff on large scale wall displays
Shape the design and layout of the teen pages on the Virtual Library
- Complete the initial survey and focus group session - 30 minutes
- Meet to discuss the suggested prototypes of the redesign — 1 hour
- Provide final feedback and testing on the web pages — 1 hour
So what's in it for me?
- Make a difference at your local library
- Gain skills:
- Communication skills
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Develop your CV
- Have fun!
Like the sound of this?
Here are your next steps:
- Download the volunteer role profile here to find out more
- Download and complete the
- Now submit it to your local library.
Don't forget that you can register with the
Reading Hack website to record your volunteer hours.
And why not register with VInspired to win VInspired awards as well!
Learn more about the Reading Hack initiative here.
Page last updated: 5th May 2017