ImagiNation in Bedford Borough Libraries
Are you aged 10 to 18? Would you like to try something new this summer? Why not sign up for ImagiNation and turn reading on its head!
We want you to read at least 2 library books and then use the book belly band to create art inspired by the book you have read – this could be a drawing, collage, poem, book review etc. Then take a photo of your book belly band and upload it to the imagiNation blog.
We would also love you to visit one of the sites below, and on the Digital Cards, to create some art inspired by your reading and upload it to the imagiNation blog too. Here are the great websites you can use to create your digital art:
- www.tate.org.uk/kids/games-quizzes: lots of art games on this website our favourites are Street Art where you can create graffiti style art, Air Brush which allows you to use your webcam to paint with gestures, Spin where you can create some interesting abstract patterns and Tate Paint that lets you create your own masterpiece
- www.sketch.io/sketchpad: a digital sketchpad where you can create your own pictures
- www.scrapcoloring.com: loads of different colouring sheets – or upload your own image to colour in using their wide range of colours and patterns
- www.toytheater.com/category/art: lots of different art projects we particularly like Build where you create pictures using building blocks and Animation Station where you can create short animations
- www.tate.org.uk/kids/games-quizzes: lots of art games on this website our favourites are Street Art where you can create graffiti style art, Air Brush which www.aminahsworld.org: create a digital collage using a wide range of different materials
- www.graffiticreator.net: create graffiti style words
- www.makebeliefscomix.com: create and customise your own comic strip
If you complete the challenge you will be rewarded with a certificate, an imagiNation lanyard (whilst stocks last) and entry into a prize draw. Plus your book belly band and digital creations will be on the imagiNation blog for the world to see.
Page last updated: 12th June 2018