Read Me - ImagiNation
About the Project
This summer, ImagiNation was back with the exciting activity: ‘Read Me! Awesome Art and Refreshing Reads’.
‘I enjoyed the challenge and liked the idea of being able to produce my own artwork inspired by a book. I also liked the idea of being able to upload my own artwork on the website and see other entries’ – Rachel, 15
‘I love being able to give an emotional response rather than a technical one, and my ideas really flew when I was given the task to put my thoughts into art.’ - Ashley, 14
- ImagiNation ran between Saturday 16th July and Saturday 10th September.
- Each teenager was given a Read Me! Log book when they joined
- They borrowed at least 2 library books
- Completed at least 1 of the activities in the log book for example Comic strip, Book Review or any of the ideas on the Get Creative page
- Completed the Frame It, Share It square by creating artwork based their chosen book
- Photographed or scanned and uploaded their Frame it, Share It square onto the imagiNation blog
- Came back to the library to share their art work and pick up a certificate, Read Me lanyard and free DVD loan voucher.
For fabulous book suggestions visit the imagiNation Pinterest board.
Page last updated: 13th February 2017