c1870: The Methodist Church opens.
1934: The Land Settlement Association bought land at Wyboston. The LSA was set up by the Government in the depression years to provide accommodation and work for the unemployed and their families. The estate known as The Chawston Estate saw an influx of minors from Kent and the North East.
1940s: Payne Transport business started.
1983: The Chawston Estate closed because it was no longer possible for the returns to match the overheads.
1980s: In the mid 1980s plans were proposed for a giant one million pound leisure park including a motel, marina and a golf course to be opened within two years by Potton Timber Engineering Company which had purchased the 320 acre site.
1992: The new Village Hall opened. The Wyboston Lakes Leisure Complex undergoes a one million up-grading programme.
1999: Corporate training centre opened at Wyboston Lakes
Page last updated: 4th February 2014