c.1330: The church was built between 1330 and 1360. The lower stages of the existing west tower were built with the rest of the church in the 14th century. The belfry stage and spire were completed in the 15th century.
1803: Swineshead Enclosure Act.
1864: Methodist Chapel built.
1875: Village School built for 50 children.
1888: The County Boundary opened and Swineshead moves from Huntingdonshire into Bedfordshire.
1921: War memorial for the 1914-18 built into a corner of the churchyard wall.
1989: New light ring of five bells to replace the old ones which were stolen from the church at the time of the repair to the spire in 1969.
1993: The Five Bell Public House closes.
- Newspaper articles in The Local Studies Library at Bedford Central Library.
- Victoria County History of Bedfordshire 3 Vols. 1912.
- PICKFORD, Christopher Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century Vol.79 Bedfordshire Historical Record Society. 2000.
Page last updated: 4th February 2014