Want to work or volunteer in the Library?
Want to work in the library?
Bedford Borough Libraries Vacancies
For full job details visit Jobs and Careers section of the Bedford Borough Council website or contact the Recruitment Team on 01324 228082 or email Recruitment.Team@bedford.gov.uk
To find and download job descriptions and application forms visit the Jobs and Careers section of the Bedford Borough Council website.
Central Bedfordshire Libraries Vacancies
To find and download job descriptions and application forms visit the Jobs and Careers section of the Central Bedfordshire Council website.
All Library vacancies are also advertised in the appropriate local newspaper and in the local libraries.
Want to volunteer in the library?
Volunteers are people who commit time and energy for the benefit of others in the community and for themselves; who do so freely, through personal choice
and without financial reward.
Find out about volunteering in Bedford Borough Libraries here
Find out about volunteering in Central Bedfordshire Libraries here
Volunteering in Bedford Borough Libraries
Bedford Borough Library service has a policy of encouraging the use of volunteers to complement the role of library staff. Volunteers provide additional help in a variety of ways so that the quality of the service to the customer is enhanced. They can also help us to engage more effectively with our local communities.
Bedford Borough Libraries uses volunteers in the following defined roles-
- Down Memory Lane volunteer
- Digital Buddy - pdf 178kb
- Library Link volunteer
- Local Studies volunteer
- Reading Activist (as part of the National Summer Reading Challenge)
- Volunteer gardener
Bedford Borough Libraries is currently recruiting for Digital Buddy volunteers - there is a link to the role profile above and the application form
can be downloaded below:
Bedford Borough Volunteer Application Form (Word doc 80kb)
For other information about other volunteer roles in the Bedfordshire, please contact the Community and Voluntary Service on 01234 354366 or go to www.yourcvs.org
Volunteering in Central Bedfordshire Libraries
Central Bedfordshire library service has a policy of encouraging the use of volunteers. Volunteers provide additional help in a variety of ways so that the
quality of the service to the customer is enhanced. They can also help us to engage more effectively with our local communities.
The role of volunteers is complementary to that of paid staff and volunteers will not fill temporary or vacant positions.
Central Bedfordshire Libraries has the following defined roles for volunteers:
- Activities Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Children's Activities Volunteer - pdf 280kb
- Children's Activities (Pre-School) Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Computer Helper Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Craft Preparation Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Family History Helper Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Good Afternoon Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Helping Hand Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Helping Hand Volunteer with IT - pdf 200kb
- Home Library Service Volunteer - pdf 205kb
- Out and About Publicity Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Reading Hack Volunteer - pdf 402kb
- Shelving and Support Volunteer - pdf 200kb
- Theatre Volunteer (Publicity) - pdf 200kb
- Out and About Theatre Publicity Volunteer - pdf 209kb
Vacancies for volunteer roles vary widely from library to library and from time to time. Any current vacancies will be advertised in your local library.
Some vacancies will also be advertised on the Do-it web site.
You can apply for a volunteer role by saving the application form (Word 75kb) to your computer and completing it online before printing and signing it.
Page last updated: 9th October 2017