Joining the Library -
Proof of Identification
There are a variety of documents you can use to prove your name and address. These include:
- Benefit/ Pension order book
- A letter from your estate agent or solicitor if you have recently moved house
- Bank statement (up to six months old)
- Medical card
- Driving licence with current address
- Vehicle registration document
- Council tax payment books
- Rent book
- Student card with printed name and address
- Student rent contract
Living in Temporary Accommodation?If you are living in temporary accommodation such as a hostel, house or hotel and would like to become a member of the library, you need to provide a letter on headed notepaper from the hostel warden or hotel manager confirming your residence at that address, plus one other proof of identity.
Member of another library service?
If you are a member of another library service then you can use your library card as proof of identification. This will enable you to become an Instant Member, however to have full access to all the services you will need to show one form of identification as above.
Don't worry you can still join the library as an Instant Member - which will give you access to the Internet, online services and a limited number of books.
Page last updated: 17th January 2014