National Burial Index CD-ROM
- The 'National burial index' (NBI) CD-ROM is available at some Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire libraries, including Bedford Central, Leighton Buzzard and Dunstable libraries
- It is a burial index for England and Wales but not all parishes and time periods have been covered. The entries come from a variety of sources including bishops' transcripts and parish registers but they do not include monumental inscriptions.
- Where available, the NBI includes forenames and surname of the deceased, date of burial, age, details of place where the burial was recorded, county where it is recorded and the society, group or individual that transcribed the record.
- The NBI aims to complement the International Genealogical Index (IGI), which is a finding aid mainly to baptisms and marriages.
- Return to Where can I find burial records? for more information
Page last updated: 24th June 2020