Bedford Borough Council logo Central Bedfordshire Council logo

The Virtual Library

Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Twitter Contact us on  Facebook Home  Page What's On Contact Us Help

How Can I Get An Archaeological Object Identified?

Local and family history A-Z > Archaeology
  • You can contact the Finds Liaison Officer for your area. Finds Liaison Officers are part of the Portable Antiquities Scheme. Each area has a Finds Liaison Officer who will help identify finds and record them. Bedfordshire's Finds Liaison Officer is based at The Higgins
  • See the Portable Antiquities Scheme web site for full details of the scheme, a searchable database of thousands of objects found, and for regional Finds Liaison Officers
Ancient pots

Page last updated: 28th May 2020